Skip Navigation
Stronger, longer and more environmentally friendly

Fuel Cell

Fuel Cell

A fuel cell is a technology that produces electricity and heat simultaneously through the electrochemical reaction of hydrogen and oxygen in the air. It has an electrical generation efficiency of 30-40% and a thermal efficiency of over 40%, resulting in an overall efficiency of 70-80%, making it an advanced device. With no pollution and noise, it can be utilized in various fields ranging from small-scale mobility to large-scale power generation. Alongside hydrogen energy, it is gaining attention as a future energy device.

Fuel Cell Power Generation System

  • Environment-Friendly

    This system produces electricity without using fossil fuels, and the emissions generated in the process are minimal, consisting mostly of water. Therefore, it is environmentally friendly and helps address air pollution issues.

  • Durability

    With excellent cell stack durability, the overall system efficiency is high, and power output remains stable. Through the rigorous application of SPACE ENERGY's comprehensive SEQC (System Engineering Quality Control) system, we ensure the production of products with consistent durability, covering component manufacturing, system integration, testing, including PCS (Power Conversion System), and city gas reformer.

  • Easy Maintenance

    Optimized design makes regular inspections and maintenance easy in the fuel cell power generation system, allowing for proactive prevention of breakdowns or issues.

  • Budget Saving

    In regions where secondary hydrogen can be used, reformer costs are reduced.

Utilizing Fuel Cells in Mobility

  • Vehicle Applications

    Due to fast charging times and long driving ranges, fuel cells are particularly suitable for medium and long-distance travel.

  • Medium to Long-Distance Commercial Vehicles

    Applicable to commercial vehicles such as trucks, buses, and trains that operate over long distances. The high energy density and quick charging time of hydrogen fuel cells are advantageous for long-distance travel and transporting heavy cargo.

  • Industrial Use

    Can serve as an emergency power supply in places like hospitals, data centers, and factories. Additionally, they can be utilized as transport vehicles within warehouses or manufacturing facilities.

  • Aviation and Maritime Transport, Equipment

    Not only applicable to aviation and maritime transport vehicles like ships, but can also be employed in fields such as monitoring sea pollution, accidents, and illegal fishing.

Fuel Cell Principle
  • Hydrogen flowing into the fuel electrode undergoes oxidation by platinum catalyst, breaking down into hydrogen ions and electrons.
  • Hydrogen ions generated at the fuel electrode move through the electrolyte membrane to the air electrode, while electrons travel through an external circuit to the air electrode.
  • Hydrogen ions and electrons reaching the air electrode combine with oxygen to produce water.
Fuel Cell Stack Structure
  • The stack is the core component of a fuel cell, comparable to the engine in gasoline power generation.
  • It is composed of multiple unit cells arranged in series. The generated current is proportional to the cell area, and the voltage is proportional to the number of cells stacked.
  • Each cell consists of a Membrane-Electrode Assembly (MEA), Gas Diffusion Layer (GDL), and separator plate.